Two die in road crashes
TWO people have died in separate road accidents in the Tendring area within the space of 12 hours. One fatal crash happened at about 8am yesterday in Heath Road, Tendring, near to the junction with Pilcox Hall Lane.
By Roddy Ashworth
TWO people have died in separate road accidents in the Tendring area within the space of 12 hours.
One fatal crash happened at about 8am yesterday in Heath Road, Tendring, near to the junction with Pilcox Hall Lane.
Glyn Dresser, a 34-year-old from Carisbrooke Avenue, Clacton, was riding his black and purple Suzuki motorcycle towards Horsley Cross when he lost control and fell from the machine, colliding with a green Peugeot car driven by a 41 year old man from Fordham.
You may also want to watch:
The motorcyclist was declared dead at the scene. The Peugeot driver was uninjured.
An ambulance spokeswoman said: "We were told that the motorcyclist had been in collision with a car.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 6 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 7 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 8 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 9 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
"When crews arrived, they discovered that the biker's injuries were so serious that there was nothing they could do to save him."
One teenager died and a second was left in a serious condition in hospital following a road crash the night before in Clacton.
The accident happened at about 10.15pm in Brunel Road, near its junction with Wade Road on the Gorse Lane industrial estate.
A Ford Escort collided with the stationary cab of a Scania lorry.
The front seat passenger of the Ford Escort, a 17-year-old boy from the Clacton area, was killed in the accident.
The driver and only other occupant of the Ford Escort, another local 17-year-old boy, was taken to Colchester General Hospital with serious injuries.
Last night, he was described as being in a stable condition.
Although the lorry cab was stationary, the driver of the cab was asleep inside. He was a 53-year-old man from Scotland and was unhurt.
An ambulance spokeswoman said: "We were told that the car had collided with the side of the lorry toward the rear of the vehicle.
"The front passenger of the car was a man from the Clacton area.
"He suffered a head injury so serious that despite the best efforts of our crews, sadly he could not be saved and died at the scene.
"The driver of the car was a 17-year-old man also from Clacton. He was complaining of pain in his rib cage and his left hand but was fully conscious and in a stable condition."
It is believed that a third vehicle - a 600cc Suzuki motorcycle - may have been involved in this crash and police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the accident or the events leading up to it to contact them.
Anyone with information about either accident is asked to contact Stanway Road Policing Unit on 01206 762512.