Two families made homeless on Christmas Day after fire fills their flats with smoke in Tiptree
- Credit: Archant
Two families were left homeless on Christmas Day after a fire in Tiptree.
The blaze in Oak Road started in an outbuilding close to two adjoining flats at 7.17pm.
Fire crews from Tiptree and Witham were sent to the scene where they found both properties completely smoke-logged.
They wore breathing apparatus and two hose reels to put out the fire by 8.40pm.
However the flats’ residents were unable to go back into their homes and were assisted by the Red Cross fire and emergency support team.
You may also want to watch:
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service and Essex Police are to carry out and investigation to establish the cause of the fire.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn