Two girls attempt to steal man’s shopping bag
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after two teenage girls attempted to steal a man’s shopping in Newmarket.
Suffolk police were called after a man in his 50s reported two girls, believed to be around 16 years old, grabbing his shopping bag as he walked along Adastral Close at 6pm on Monday.
One of the girls grabbed one of the man’s bags, causing it to break and the contents to spill onto the pavement.
The pair then fled in different directions, with one girl running towards the end of Rowley Drive and the other towards the other end of Adastral Close.
Nothing was taken in the incident, but the man suffered a hand injury and was left shaken, a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects have been described as white and around 16 years of age.
The first girl is described as short, slim, with blonde hair and was wearing a black coat, grey hooded top and tracksuit bottoms.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
The second is described as tall, slim, with long black hair and was wearing blue jeans.
Anyone with information related to the incident is urged to contact police, quoting crime reference 37/31561/20.