Two people injured after crash between BMW and Vauxhall
- Credit: Google Images
Two people were taken to hospital after a BMW 520 and Vauxhall Astra crashed at a junction.
Emergency services responded following a collision at the junction of Chapel Road and Church Lane in Carlton Colville, Lowestoft, about 5.10pm on Tuesday, February 23.
Police, firefighters and the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) responded to the crash between two cars.
A crew from Lowestoft South fire station spent about 10 minutes at the scene as police said: "one car was smoking and one person was initially believed to be trapped".
A police spokesman said: "The BMW arranged its own recovery, while further recovery took place at the scene.
"Street signage was damaged in the collision and Highways was made aware."
An ambulance service spokesman said: "We sent three ambulances and an ambulance officer.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
"Crews treated two patients at the scene before transporting them to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for further assessment and care."
Witnesses should call police on 101 quoting CAD 251 of February 23.