Two Ipswich riders up for major speedway title
SPEEDWAY: Two Ipswich-based riders are involved in the British Under-21 final at Lakeside tonight (FRI).
But neither rider is connected with the Witches.
Lakeside owned Jerran Hart,19, rides for Scunthorpe in the Premier League and Mildenhall in the National League as well as being the Hammers’ number eight in the Elite League.
He is the current British Under-18 champion and tipped to do well tonight.
Scott Campos, 20, won a qualifying meeting at Mildenhall last weekend and he is a member of the King’s Lynn National League side.
You may also want to watch:
A decade ago it was all so different when Ipswich Witches dominated the British Under-21 championships with local youngsters Scott Nicholls, Savalas Clouting and Leigh Lanham plus Ben Howe winning the title five years in a row between them at the end of the 20th century.
The riding order at Lakeside tonight (start 8pm) is: K Howarth, R Franklin, R Mear, J Hart, J Auty, S Campos, A Baseby, K Hughes, J Haines, L Bridger, K Newman, B Johnson, P Starke, S Lambert, S Worrall, T Woffinden.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge