Burglars who threw paving slab through shop window to steal cigarettes and alcohol jailed
- Credit: Archant
Two men who stole cigarettes and alcohol after throwing a paving slab through the front door of a convenience shop in Ipswich have each been jailed for 10 months.
Kyle Beard and Darrell Lambert were wearing gloves and had their faces covered during the burglary at the Co-op in Sheldrake Drive, at around 4.30am on Sunday February 25, Ipswich Crown Court heard today (Monday).
Lambert, 31, of Hawke Road, Ipswich, and Beard, 29, of Church Lane, Eyke, both admitted burglary.
Catherine Bradshaw, prosecuting, said the defendants were captured on CCTV putting cigarettes into a sheet before leaving the store.
A tracking device in the cigarettes led police to an address in Eyke where the stolen items were found.
You may also want to watch:
Joanne Eley for Beard said her client, who had been released from prison five weeks earlier, had a drug habit and needed money to buy drugs.
Roger Thomson for Lambert said his client had been released from prison on January 12 and had been homeless at the time of the burglary.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 A12 closed following serious collision
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 10 Ipswich Debenhams to close on May 4 after the building is sold