Two killed on Suffolk's roads
TWO people were killed in separate accidents on the county's roads over the weekend.The accidents happened in the early hours of Saturday and yesterday and police are appealing for witnesses to either to come forward.
TWO people were killed in separate accidents on the county's roads over the weekend.
The accidents happened in the early hours of Saturday and yesterday and police are appealing for witnesses to either to come forward.
The first happened shortly after midnight on Saturday on the A14 at Haughley Bends.
Police said a man who was travelling in a pick-up vehicle died after it collided with the central reservation at the accident blackspot.
You may also want to watch:
Three people had been travelling in the vehicle on the eastbound carriageway and another man was also injured after it left the road and hit the reservation.
Insp Matt Dee, of Suffolk police, said: "A pick-up vehicle has been involved in a collision with the central reservation and unfortunately there has been one fatality and another male was seriously injured."
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 8 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 9 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely
- 10 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
The name of the deceased has not been released and Suffolk police have not issued any further details about the incident.
Police are appealing for anyone who saw the vehicle before the collision to contact Bury St Edmunds police on 01284 774224.
The second fatal accident happened at 2.40am yesterday morning, when a pedestrian was killed when he collided with a car.
A police spokesman said a 22-year-old man was walking along the A134 in Ingham, near Bury St Edmunds, when the accident happened.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident, the spokesman added. Police were yesterday contacting the man's family and his name will not be released until their enquiries are complete.
Anyone with information about this accident is also urged to contact Bury road policing unit on 01284 774224.