Two lanes of M25 in Essex remain closed following major car transporter fire
- Credit: PA
Two lanes of the anti-clockwise M25 in Essex remain closed after a major car transporter blaze was tackled by firefighters in the county.
It started at about 7.15am this morning, between junctions 28 and 27 in the Brentwood area.
The fire completely engulfed the car transporter carrying nine cars.
Firefighting operations were hampered by poor water supplies and a water relay was put into action.
The lorry is in the hard shoulder but heat from the fire has damaged the hard shoulder and lane one of the motorway.
You may also want to watch:
As of 11.47am, crews were leaving the scene after extinguishing the blaze.
It is not known whether the problems has impacted on rail users from East Anglia, who are having to use a bus replacement service from Ingatestone to Newbury Park.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 9 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 10 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s