Two men arrested over theft of chainsaw
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of theft from a van after police attended an incident near to a car park.
Suffolk police and East Suffolk Council staff attended the Grove Road car park in Felixstowe, near the Grove woodland area, on Tuesday afternoon.
Two men, aged 21 and 29, were arrested on suspicion of theft from a motor vehicle on Wednesday after a chainsaw was stolen from a Renault Master van in Maidstone Road the previous Saturday.
The pair were taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where they remain.
A search was conducted at the car park and stolen property, including power tools, a battery power pack and an air pistol, were recovered from a caravan.
Earlier this week, a group of travellers had pitched up at the Grove Road car park.
Police said they have now left the area after being given a notice to leave within 48 hours.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch