Two men arrested over theft of chainsaw
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of theft from a van after police attended an incident near to a car park.
Suffolk police and East Suffolk Council staff attended the Grove Road car park in Felixstowe, near the Grove woodland area, on Tuesday afternoon.
Two men, aged 21 and 29, were arrested on suspicion of theft from a motor vehicle on Wednesday after a chainsaw was stolen from a Renault Master van in Maidstone Road the previous Saturday.
The pair were taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where they remain.
A search was conducted at the car park and stolen property, including power tools, a battery power pack and an air pistol, were recovered from a caravan.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this week, a group of travellers had pitched up at the Grove Road car park.
Police said they have now left the area after being given a notice to leave within 48 hours.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future