Two men arrested following serious sexual assault in Stowmarket will face no further action
- Credit: Archant
Two men arrested after a teenager reported being raped in Stowmarket on Easter Sunday will face no further action.
A 19-year-old woman reported to officers that she had been attacked at around 2am on Sunday, April 1, in the vicinity of the Recreation Ground.
Police say two men, aged 45 and 26, who were arrested as part of the investigation and questioned at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre will now face no further action.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said officers are continuing to work with the young woman who made contact with them.
Police are appealing for anyone who was in the area around the Recreation Ground between 1.30am and 2.30am on the night the alleged attack took place to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to call the West Safeguarding Unit at Bury St Edmunds Police Station on 101 quoting crime reference 17554/18.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Judge won't play for Ipswich again this season as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 5 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop