Two men charged with assault in Colchester after man found unconscious
- Credit: Archant
Two members of the Armed Forces have been charged in connection with an assault on a man in Colchester on Saturday.
A local man in his 30s was found unconscious and with serious head injuries near the Dirty Penguin bar, in St John’s Street, just before 2.50am.
He is currently being treated at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, where he is said to be in a critical but stable condition.
Two men arrested by police have now been charged in connection with the attack.
Mickey Borthwick, 23, of Lisle Road, Colchester, has been charged with grievous bodily harm and is due to appear at Colchester Magistrates’ Court today.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Benge, 25, of Circular Road South, Colchester, has been charged with common assault, and is set to appear at the same court on May 11.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'