Two motorists die following accidents
A MAN has died following a crash on the Essex-Suffolk border.
TWO motorists have been killed after their vehicles were involved in accidents in Essex today.
A middle-aged man, understood to be local, was found dead in a BMW car discovered at about 6.15am in a ditch and in undergrowth beside Ashen Road, near the village of Clare.
The driver was the only person in the car and no other vehicles were thought to have been involved in the collision.
It is believed that the vehicle could have left the road as early as 11pm on Saturday night, but was not seen because it was in a ditch and hidden by bushes.
You may also want to watch:
The driver, who is a middle-aged man from north Essex, has not yet been formally identified.
A rider in his 60s died in hospital in London after suffering multiple injuries following a crash in Clacton.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 10 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
The accident happened at 11.55am in Holland Road, near its junction with Thorpe Road.
The 60-year-old rider of a black Suzuki was critically injured by the collision, which also involved a red Vauxhall Vectra driven by a 29-year-old man from the area.
The road was closed off while police carried out an investigation.
Anyone who can help either investigation could contact the Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.