Two people arrested after fatal A12 crash
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a fatal six-car crash to come forward after they arrested two people on suspicion of death by careless driving.
The crash is believed to have happened when one of the vehicles collided with the central reservation barrier on the southbound carriageway of the A12 at Boreham just before 5.30pm yesterday.
The driver of a green Citroen, a 39-year-old man from the Chelmsford area, was pronounced dead at the scene. He will not be named until a formal identification has been made.
Two people, a 21-year-old-woman from Hornchurch and a 19-year-old man from south west London, were arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving.
Both have been bailed until October 22 pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
The carriageway was closed for seven and a half hours whilst the scene was examined and vehicles recovered, causing length delays for motorists.
The other five vehicles involved in the crash were a blue Audi A6, a grey Ford Fiesta LX, a blue Fiesta Zetec, a green Volkswagen Golf and a blue Volkswagen Passat.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
Police are asking anyone who saw the collision to contact the Chelmsford road policing unit on 0300 333 4444.