Two people die after crash in Gosfield Road, Braintree
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Two people have died after a two-vehicle crash near Braintree this evening.
Essex Police were called to reports of a collision involving two vehicles in Braintree Road, Gosfield, close to the junction for Peterfield’s Lane at just before 5pm.
The A1017 in High Garrett is closed in both directions between the A131 junction and the Greenfields junction.
The road has been closed and will remain shut to motorists until at least midnight. Officers are advising motorists to find an alternative route.
An Essex Police spokesman confirmed that two people have died but that no further details are available at this time as next of kin have not yet been informed.
You may also want to watch:
There are other casualties involved, all of which are receiving hospital treatment.
Any witnesses to the crash should call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or email email@example.com
Police have now named the two men. See the story here.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 9 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go