Two people injured following reports a BB gun had been fired in Church Street, Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old man arrested following reports that a BB gun had been fired at an address in south Suffolk, injuring two people, has been released under investigation.
Suffolk police were called to an incident in Church Street, Sudbury, at around 2.30pm this afternoon.
Officers from Suffolk Constabulary attended and were said to have found “multiple pellets” in the road.
The A131, Cross Street, was closed for a short time at the junction with Walnut Tree Lane, to allow police to carry out investigations.
Suffolk police confirmed at 4pm that all restrictions had been lifted at the road junction.
“Two people sustained minor injuries but did not require any medical treatment,” a spokesman for Suffolk police said.
“An 18-year-old man from Sudbury has been arrested in connection with the incident and will be taken into custody where he will be interviewed by detectives.”
- 1 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 7 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 8 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 9 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
A police spokeswoman this morning confirmed the 18-year-old had been released under investigation while enquiries continued.
Church Street is in the south west of Sudbury.