Couple arrested in connection with ‘dine and dash’ incidents released under investigation
- Credit: Archant
Two people arrested in connection with a series of incidents where offenders made off without paying from restaurants and pubs in Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex have been released under investigation.
A 45-year-old man from Hadleigh and a 43-year-old woman from Sudbury were arrested in Ipswich on Wednesday November 18 on suspicion of making off without payment.
They were taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning and have been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
It follows a series of reported incidents at various locations including:
• Hintlesham Hall in Hintlesham on 9 August
• The George at Hintlesham on 24 August 2020
• The Waterfront Bistro on Key Street in Ipswich on 2 September
- 1 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 7 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 8 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 9 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
• The Marquis of Cornwallis, Upper Street in Layham on 10 September meals ordered to the value of £197 without paying.
• The Swan Inn, The Street, Monks Eleigh in late October.
Two cases were reported in Norfolk at the Bird In Hand Pub in Wreningham on July 19 2020 and the Sugar Beat Public House in Bracon Ash on July 20.
One case was also reported in Essex on August 23 at the Barn Brasserie on Brook Road in Colchester where a meal worth £146 was not paid for.