Two people rushed to hospital after crash in Keelars Lane, Wivenhoe
An air ambulance was called to a crash in Essex today that saw a motorist cut free from their vehicle by firefighters.
The single-vehicle collision happened in Keelars Lane, Wivenhoe shortly just after 8am today.
Two people were taken to Colchester General Hospital with injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening, a spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) said.
Two ambulances, a rapid response vehicle and the East Anglian Air Ambulance attended the collision, along with two fire crews, one each from Colchester and Wivenhoe.
The motorist who was freed from the vehicle sustained a pelvic and leg injury, the EEAST spokeswoman said.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters worked with paramedics to help release one person trapped in their vehicle.
“The casualty was released by 9.15am and left in the care of the ambulance service.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw