Two rescued after yacht ran aground
TWO men had to be rescued today after their boat, believed to be from Ipswich ran aground off the coast of Great Yarmouth.Gorleston lifeboat crews went to the aid of the yacht called Burdica at 5.
TWO men had to be rescued today after their boat, believed to be from Ipswich ran aground off the coast of Great Yarmouth.
Gorleston lifeboat crews went to the aid of the yacht called Burdica at 5.10am today after reports that it had run aground off Corton Sands.
A spokesman for Yarmouth Coastguard said the two men were taken to Gorleston Lifeboat station.
He said that crews went back out to the yacht at around 9am today to try to recover it and began to pump water from the vessel.
You may also want to watch:
However attempts to refloat it in deeper water failed and the boat sank within minutes in around nine metres of water.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 8 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 9 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 10 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building