Two riders released by Fen Tigers
MILDENHALL Funky Catering Fen Tigers have acted on recent poor away performances by releasing Mark Thompson and Gary Cottham.Thompson has been struggling for form, especially away from home, and will be replaced by 23-year-old Luke Priest who comes in to the team on a 7.
MILDENHALL Funky Catering Fen Tigers have acted on recent poor away performances by releasing Mark Thompson and Gary Cottham.
Thompson has been struggling for form, especially away from home, and will be replaced by 23-year-old Luke Priest who comes in to the team on a 7.39 average after being released by Premier League side Workington last week.
Cottham, who is on the injured list, has been replaced by Peterborough-based Darren Smith who is making a competitive racing comeback after a five year break from the sport and comes in to the team with an average of 3.83.
The 28-year-old, who is the brother of King's Lynn and former Fen Tiger Jamie, said: “I am really pleased to be back at Mildenhall and am looking forward to the meeting on Sunday. I am sure I will be a bit nervous to start with, especially with my brother racing for the opposition, but know that I am capable of scoring points at this level.
You may also want to watch:
“I have invested over the winter on new equipment and have been having regular second halves to get race practice.”
Team Manager John Adams said: “We felt that changes needed to happen after the performance at the Isle of Wight and we have made these for the good of Mildenhall speedway. Luke is a lad I have worked with at Stoke and he is dead keen to get amongst the points for us and I have every confidence in him.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
“With Darren we have a rider that has been on the phone after a team place since Christmas, he has good equipment and is keen as mustard to ride for Mildenhall.
“I never like releasing anyone and we certainly have not fallen out with either of the riders we have let go. We wish them all the best for the future but we had to do it this week before the next green sheet averages which come out on Monday”.
The full Mildenhall team riding order will be announced in due course.