Two robbers abscond from jail
By Mark HeathTWO convicted robbers absconded from a jail – and made their getaway in a taxi stolen from a nearby town.Terry Jackson and Paul Fairburn walked out of Hollesley Bay Prison on Saturday night, prompting police to launch a hunt for the pair.
By Mark Heath
TWO convicted robbers absconded from a jail - and made their getaway in a taxi stolen from a nearby town.
Terry Jackson and Paul Fairburn walked out of Hollesley Bay Prison on Saturday night, prompting police to launch a hunt for the pair.
Jackson, 28, and Fairburn, 27, had both been serving four-year sentences for robbery before absconding.
After leaving the jail, they stole a Suffolk Coastal District Council-licensed taxi in a robbery at Grove Road Garage in Woodbridge.
However, Fairburn was later tracked down by Metropolitan Police, who captured him and the stolen green Volkswagen Passat taxi in the early hours of yesterday.
- 1 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 2 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 3 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 10 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
A Suffolk police spokesman said: "Two male prisoners absconded from Hollesley Bay Prison on March 6.
"They were suspected to be in possession of a marked Suffolk Coastal District Council-licensed taxi, which was stolen in a robbery from Grove Road Garage in Woodbridge at 10pm on Saturday.
"Paul Fairburn was detained and the vehicle located in the Metropolitan Police area in the early hours of March 7."
Jackson remained on the run last night. He was described as being of medium build, about 5ft 9in tall, with brown hair and hazel eyes.
Police urged the public not to approach Jackson, but to call them immediately on 999 if they spotted him.
The spokesman added: "Anyone who may have seen this man, or who has any information on where he is now, should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500."