Two robbers abscond from jail
By Mark HeathTWO convicted robbers absconded from a jail – and made their getaway in a taxi stolen from a nearby town.Terry Jackson and Paul Fairburn walked out of Hollesley Bay Prison on Saturday night, prompting police to launch a hunt for the pair.
By Mark Heath
TWO convicted robbers absconded from a jail - and made their getaway in a taxi stolen from a nearby town.
Terry Jackson and Paul Fairburn walked out of Hollesley Bay Prison on Saturday night, prompting police to launch a hunt for the pair.
Jackson, 28, and Fairburn, 27, had both been serving four-year sentences for robbery before absconding.
You may also want to watch:
After leaving the jail, they stole a Suffolk Coastal District Council-licensed taxi in a robbery at Grove Road Garage in Woodbridge.
However, Fairburn was later tracked down by Metropolitan Police, who captured him and the stolen green Volkswagen Passat taxi in the early hours of yesterday.
- 1 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 6 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Sunday Snap: A false start, new faces watching on, two returning blues and a transfer link
A Suffolk police spokesman said: "Two male prisoners absconded from Hollesley Bay Prison on March 6.
"They were suspected to be in possession of a marked Suffolk Coastal District Council-licensed taxi, which was stolen in a robbery from Grove Road Garage in Woodbridge at 10pm on Saturday.
"Paul Fairburn was detained and the vehicle located in the Metropolitan Police area in the early hours of March 7."
Jackson remained on the run last night. He was described as being of medium build, about 5ft 9in tall, with brown hair and hazel eyes.
Police urged the public not to approach Jackson, but to call them immediately on 999 if they spotted him.
The spokesman added: "Anyone who may have seen this man, or who has any information on where he is now, should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500."