Two people taken to hospital after house engulfed in fire in Lakenheath
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Two people have been taken to hospital following a house fire in Lakenheath - with crews acting quickly to put out the blaze.
Four fire crews were sent scene of the fire off Station Road, in Lakenheath after being called at around 7.15am today, Friday, September 3.
It is understood that everyone made it out of the property, with two casualties being taken to hospital.
The extent of their injuries is not yet known.
Station manager Dale Nunn said: "We were called this morning just before 7.15am to a well developed fire at a detached single storey bungalow.
"No one was in the property at the time but two people have been conveyed to hospital and are being looked at at the moment.
"There is still an appliance here at the moment to carry out some hot spotting.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
"We are not sure of the cause at the moment but an investigation will be carried out."
Three main water jets were used to tackle the fire which has affected the whole building.
A stop call was made just before 9.20am.
Crews from Norfolk and Suffolk were called, with fire engines from as far afield as Methwold and Thetford tackling the blaze.