Two teens released following arrests in connection with Haverhill stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Two people arrested after a stabbing in Haverhill on Saturday have been released under investigation.
Police were called at about 6.10pm to a car park near the entrance to Haverhill Rugby Club, where the victim and his friend were approached by five or six males as they left a white Vauxhall Astra.
An altercation is thought to have taken place before one of the group stabbed the victim, who got back in the car with his friend and travelled along School Lane before calling for help.
The victim, in his 30s, suffered a punctured lung from a single stab wound to the chest, and remains in a serious but stable condition in hospital.
Police arrested an 18-year-old man from Haverhill on suspicion of GBH with intent, and a teenage girl, also from Haverhill, on suspicion of assisting an offender.
You may also want to watch:
Both have been released under investigation.
Anybody with information should call on 101, quoting reference 34609/18.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 4 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 7 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk