Crash on A14 westbound at Newmarket causes traffic tailbacks
- Credit: Archant
Motorists faced delays on the A14 westbound this morning after a crash involving multiple vehicles near Newmarket.
Police were initially called to the scene of the crash, close to Kennett, at around 7.35am today, Tuesday, December 4, after receiving reports of a crash involving five vehicles.
However, a spokesman for Suffolk police later confirmed that only two vehicles, a Volvo lorry and a Skoda Fabia, were involved.
She said: “We were initially called to a five vehicle crash with reports of five cars in lane three and two of the A14.
“It now appears there were two vehicles involved.
You may also want to watch:
“Nobody has been injured in the collision.
“There is damage to the crash barriers. Highways England have been made aware.”
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases
Motorists faced delays on the westbound carriageway while emergency services worked at the scene.
The scene was cleared by 8.43am.