Crash on A14 westbound at Newmarket causes traffic tailbacks
- Credit: Archant
Motorists faced delays on the A14 westbound this morning after a crash involving multiple vehicles near Newmarket.
Police were initially called to the scene of the crash, close to Kennett, at around 7.35am today, Tuesday, December 4, after receiving reports of a crash involving five vehicles.
However, a spokesman for Suffolk police later confirmed that only two vehicles, a Volvo lorry and a Skoda Fabia, were involved.
She said: “We were initially called to a five vehicle crash with reports of five cars in lane three and two of the A14.
“It now appears there were two vehicles involved.
“Nobody has been injured in the collision.
“There is damage to the crash barriers. Highways England have been made aware.”
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off
Motorists faced delays on the westbound carriageway while emergency services worked at the scene.
The scene was cleared by 8.43am.