Lucky winners celebrate after scooping our 'Win Cash' £1,000 prizes
- Credit: SARAH LUCY BROWN
Two lucky winners have each scooped £1,000 in the EADT and Ipswich Star's Win Cash competition.
More than 1,400 readers took part, collecting 12 tokens to enter. Our winners are EADT reader Christine Childs, of Otley, and Ipswich Star reader Jackie Durham, of Felixstowe.
Mrs Childs said: "I thought they were having me on when I heard I'd won - it's brilliant."
She said she was giving some of the money to her grown-up children, since they hadn't been able to get together over Christmas.
Mrs Childs added: "I'm hoping to spend the rest of the money on a get-together for us all in the garden when things are more normal."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Durham said: "I was shocked to hear I'd won. It was a lovely surprise.
"I'm not sure what to spend the money on at the moment, but there are a couple of things we need for the home. I'm just thinking about it."
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 10 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One