Two women airlifted to hospital after a fatal Clacton crash remain in a serious condition
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Two women who were airlifted to hospital after a double fatal crash in Clacton yesterday remain in a serious condition.
The crash between a blue BMW and a silver Ford B-Max happened at around 3.25pm on the A133 between Weeley and Little Clacton.
Both drivers, a Clacton man in his 70s and a Colchester man in his 60s, died at the scene.
Two female passengers a Clacton woman in her 70s and a Colchester woman in her 60s, received multiple injuries and were flown to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, and the Royal London Hospital, in a life-threatening condition.
An Essex Police spokesman has said today they both remain in a serious, though no longer life-threatening, condition.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed until about 9.15pm while officers from Essex Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit carried out initial enquiries.
Any witnesses who have not yet contacted police should call Pc Jenny Pirie or her colleagues at SCIU on 101 or email email@example.com.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 6 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 7 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 8 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 9 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go