Two women in sixties and seventies have handbags snatched in seperate incidents in Lowestoft
Two handbag snatches in south Lowestoft, in which women in their sixties and seventies were pushed to the floor, has prompted a police appeal for information.
The first incident saw a woman in her early seventies pushed over and he handbag stolen as she walked in Kirkley Cliff Road at around 1.10pm on Tuesday (October 27).
A 22-year-old man was arrested in connection with the robbery and taken him into custody to be interviewed. He has now been bailed to return to police on December 18 to allow further enquiries to be carried out.
The second incident happened yesterday (October 28), and involved a woman, 67, pushed over and her handbag stolen in Rectory Road at around 3.20pm.
She suffered pain in her arm and was taken to hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who may have seen anything suspicious in the area around these times or who may have seen a male fleeing with a bag is asked to contact Lowestoft CID on 101 as soon as possible.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 6 Woman's body found in village home
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview