Two year community order for Trimley St Martin sex offender
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A former Trimley man who had indecent images of children on two laptop computers has been ordered to attend a rehabilitation course.
Police officers acting on information went to Hefin Jones’ address in High Street, Trimley St Martin, following an investigation which started on February 2 this year and seized two laptop computers, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Michael Crimp, prosecuting, said that when the equipment was analysed it was found to contain 24 still and six moving images in the most serious level A category, 30 still and four moving level B images and 129 still images in the lowest level C category.
Jones, 54, now of Main Road, Kesgrave, admitted three offences of making indecent images of children and possessing an extreme pornographic image.
He was given a two year community order and a 40 day rehabilitation activity requirement.
Jones, who has no previous convictions, was ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register and made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order, both for five years.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 8 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 9 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 10 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow