UK: Peaches Geldof dies aged 25
- Credit: PA
Peaches Geldof the daughter of musician Bob Geldof and Paula Yates, has died aged 25.
Police were called to an address near Wrotham, Kent, this afternoon following a report of concern for the welfare of a woman.
She was later pronounced dead by South East Coast Ambulance Service.
A statement for Kent Police said: “At this stage, the death is being treated as unexplained and sudden.”
The television presenter and journalist, was married to musician Thomas Cohen, with whom she had two sons, Astala, one, and Phaedra, who will turn one on April 24.
She lost her own mother at the age of 11. Paula Yates died of a drug overdose in September 2000.
Bob Geldof, leader singer of the Boomtown Rats and founder of Band Aid, has reacted in disbelief to his daughter’s death.
- 1 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 2 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 3 Woman in her 70s dies after serious crash in Hadleigh
- 4 Missing 66-year-old woman from west Suffolk found safe
- 5 Suffolk's Covid rate trebles as experts warn virus 'hasn't gone away'
- 6 Revealed: Where house prices are rising fastest in Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich Town away shirt sales up by 138%!
- 8 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 9 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
- 10 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
“How is this possible that we will not see her again?” he said