UK Power Networks volunteers spread festive cheer at Stowlangtoft Hall Nursing Home
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers from an electricity company helped residents get into the Christmas spirit when they visited a care home near Bury St Edmunds.
Employees from the Bury St Edmunds office of UK Power Networks delivered some festive cheer by helping residents at Stowlangtoft Hall Nursing Home make Christmas decorations and cards.
Lorraine Peachey, a planning assistant for UK Power Networks who organised the visits, said: “It was amazing to experience how involved the residents got in the craft activities.
“We got a fantastic response and everyone produced some lovely cards and decorations.”
Claire Clifton and Lynn Bennington, activities co-ordinators at Stowlangtoft Hall, said: “Our residents really enjoyed their afternoons with the volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
“They are very proud of the Christmas cards and decorations they made together, and always love to see and chat to visitors from the world outside the home.
“We are grateful to the team from UK Power Networks for their support and would love to welcome them back for more sessions next year.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 8 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 9 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 10 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road