University invites ‘outstanding individuals’ to help shape its future by applying for council
- Credit: Archant
The University of Essex is looking for individuals to help shape its future by serving as council members.
The university’s council is a 25-strong governing body responsible for setting the site’s overall strategic direction and making goals are met.
Members are similar to non-executive directors of a company and are drawn from a wide range of backgrounds in both the public and private sector.
Bryn Morris, University of Essex registrar and secretary, said: “To maintain our competitive edge, during a period of unprecedented change for the higher education sector, we need to continue to think and act in different ways.
“We are looking for outstanding individuals with the requisite intellectual capacity, commercial acumen and strategic leadership experience to support us in shaping our transformational agenda.”
The post is voluntary, although expenses are paid, with members serving a three-year term.
They are also expected to attend meetings and university functions around 12 days a year.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
The application deadline is October 9.
To apply, visit www.odgers.com/63800.