University of Suffolk professor awarded Churchill Medallion
- Credit: CLIVE N TOTMAN
An associate professor from the University of Suffolk has been presented with a prestigious Churchill Medallion.
Dr Clare Gatland was presented the medallion by distinguished photojournalist Nick Danziger after completing her research as a Churchill Fellow.
For her fellowship Dr Gartland travelled to America to study STEM outreach activity.
Speaking about her Fellowship, Dr Gartland said, “The fellowship provided me with a fantastic opportunity to travel to the USA to find out about university outreach work with school students.
“I was particularly focused on outreach activity in STEM subjects and how university students working with schools can help to encourage them in these subject areas.”
You may also want to watch:
The fellowships were set up in memory of Sir Winston Churchill after his death in 1965 and fund people to travel overseas to research new ideas that can help their communities back in the UK.
- 1 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 2 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 5 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 7 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 8 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 9 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 10 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge