University of Suffolk students at West Suffolk College celebrate graduation at St Edmundsbury Cathedral
There were hundreds of happy faces as university students from Suffolk graduated at St Edmundsbury Cathedral in Bury St Edmunds at the weekend.
Proud friends and relatives applauded as 164 University of Suffolk students at West Suffolk College took to the stage to receive their degrees on Saturday.
Wearing gowns and mortar boards, 23 students were awarded first class honours degrees, and 22 gained foundation degrees with distinction.
This year, 11 students were presented with special sponsored awards for their hard work.
Hundreds of guests, staff and sponsors shared in the celebrations, which began with a procession through the Abbey Gardens to the cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
Nikos Savvas, West Suffolk College principal, said in his closing speech: “It has been the University’s privilege to nurture your talent here in Suffolk, and we will watch with awe and pride as you, our graduates, transform East Anglia for the better; becoming innovators and entrepreneurs, contributing to your local economy and community, and carving yourselves successful and fulfilling careers.
“Today marks the beginning of a new chapter in your lives. You have graduated, you have made us all proud. The next step is up to you, and I know that each and every one of you will make a success of whatever you turn your hand to.”
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology