Suffolk New College students host dinner with The Unruly Pig
- Credit: Archant
Dave Wall crafts four course dinner at the college with a Britalian feel.
Catering students at Suffolk New College had the opportunity yesterday to learn from head chef Dave Wall of award-winning gastropub The Unruly Pig in Bromeswell.
Dave, who is passionate about sharing his skills in the kitchen, brought a bit of ‘Britalian’ flair to the college, showing students how to prepare crab, risotto and rabbit - cooking elements of the meat on the bone.
They also learnt the art of making panna cotta, using just enough setting agent to give the dessert a jiggle on the plate.
Nearly 50 diners sat down to the college’s dinner, which started with nduja and tallegio arancini and lightly dressed crab and tomato crostini.
You may also want to watch:
To follow was a vibrant celebration of spring, in a bowl of pea veloute with a giant raviolo, filled with shredded ham hock.
In the middle, diners enjoyed a celebration of English rabbit, including liver, kidney, tiny rib cutlets and a stuffed ballontine with tender rabbit loin.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
To finish, there was a vanilla bean panna cotta with raspberry sorbet and ripe peaches.
Organsiers have hailed the event a great success and hope to team up with The Unruly Pig in the future, so watch this space.