Unusual flowerbeds raise funds for Stowupland village church
- Credit: Archant
Homeowners in a Suffolk village have made a collection of flower filled ‘crazy containers’ to raise money for their local church.
Thirteen unusual flower beds were created on items such as a bed, and a milk churn.
The event raised £1,066 for the Holy Trinity Church in Stowupland.
Leslie Geddes-Brown, who took part in the event, said: “What terrific fun we all had.
“If you can raise money for the church and have fun, what’s better.
You may also want to watch:
“The gardens here are wonderful, there was a real variation of what can be done in a village.
“We hope people had a nice time and we want more people to do it next year.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors