Update: 66-year-old man treated for smoke inhalation at house fire in Wickhambrook
- Credit: Archant
A 66-YEAR-OLD man has suffered smoke inhalation after a house fire last night.
Fire crews from Wickhambrook and Bury St Edmunds were called to Ashfield Green, Wickhambrook, at about 7.45pm. At 8pm two more appliances from Haverhill and one from Ixworth, as well as a command unit, were needed as the house was ‘well alight’.
A fire service spokeswoman said: “We have got one person with smoke inhalation– an elderly gentleman.
“An ambulance has been called for and he already has a medical condition.”
Crews used hose reels, jets and wore breathing apparatus at the two-storey detached house.
You may also want to watch:
At about 8.20pm crews were said to be making good progress after a fire break was made in the roof.
The spokeswoman said the fire was under control by 10.15pm.
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 4 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 8 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 9 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 10 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
A chimney fire in Birds Green, Rattlesden, near Stowmarket, was extinguished this evening.
An appliance from Stowmarket was called at about 7.20pm and used small gear and chimney rods to get the fire under control.