Update: A 74-year-old woman involved in collision with car in Great Cornard has died
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
An elderly woman has died following a collision with a car, police have confirmed.
Police, paramedics and the air ambulance were sent to the scene of the incident in Head Lane, Great Cornard, at about 6.55pm today, following reports that a woman had been involved in a collision with a car.
The road had to be closed for several hours while investigations took place.
Officers also spoke to witnesses and the driver of the car. The road re-opened at 10.40pm.
The woman, who was 74, was taken to West Suffolk Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101, quoting CAD 380 of March 21.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer