Update: A11 at Red Lodge re-opens after lorry fire
- Credit: Archant
Morning commuters in west Suffolk faced delays this morning after a lorry fire on the A11.
Firefighters, the Highways Agency and police were called to the incident southbound on the single-carriageway close to Red Lodge shortly before 7.15am.
The lorry was “completely on fire”, according to police. Around 10 firefighters battled the flames and the blaze was put out by 7.40am.
No injuries were reported at the scene.
Both lanes were partially closed during the incident while the lorry was recovered and debris was cleared off the road.
You may also want to watch:
The section of the A11 had fully re-opened by 10.45am.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam