Update: A12 reopens after two crashes
BOTH lanes of the A12 have now reopened following two separate crashes between Foxhall and the Seven Hills interchange.
A car and trailer came to grief on the southbound carriageway at 10am, and four vehicles were then involved in an accident on the northbound carriageway less than 20 minutes later.
Firefighters were called to cut the roof off one of the vehicles involved and an ambulance spokesman said they had taken three people to Ipswich Hospital after the accidents.
But a police spokesman has confirmed the injuries were not serious and are thought to involve whiplash and shock.
Officers blocked off the road in both directions to allow emergency services access to the scene, but both carriageways have now reopened.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile three vehicles were involved in a non-injury accident which closed Foxhall Road near the Suffolk County Council waste recycling centre.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 8 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 9 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed