Update: A146 at Beccles re-opens after three-vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
Rescue services have this evening completed the clear-up of a three-vehicle crash involving a potato lorry.
The A146 at Beccles was closed for eight hours following the incident, but the road has now re-opened to traffic.
The accident, which happened shortly before 1.23pm close to the Morrison’s roundabout, involved a potato truck, a tractor and a third vehicle.
No-one is believed to be seriously injured in the collision, though fire crews from Halesworth and Lowestoft did release one of the drivers who was trapped.
They were later taken to hospital for treatment.
Suffolk Police said potatoes were strewn across the road as a result of the incident, after the truck carrying them went into a ditch.
Specialist recovery equipment had to be brought in to remove the truck.
- 1 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 2 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 3 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 6 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 7 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 8 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge
- 9 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business