Update: Air ambulance called to crash on A120 near Little Bromley
- Credit: Archant
The air ambulance has attended a road crash on the A120 in north Essex.
Fire crews were called to the road near Little Bromley at about 8.15am.
A woman was trapped in one of the vehicles on the Colchester-bound road.
Crews used cutting equipment to remove the roof of the car and release her. She was in the care of medics by about 9.25am.
The road, between Little Bromley and Great Bentley, is known as an accident blackspot.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic had began queuing on the road which had become blocked because of the crash at the junction near the A133.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 8.14am dispatching a duty manager, two ambulances and the air ambulance.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam
“One casualty suffered a serious chest injury but is in a stable condition, and a second patient had minor injuries.
“Both were conveyed to Colchester General Hospital by land.”