Update: Appeal total for Gizmo the abandoned horse continues to rocket as it passes £8,250 milestone
- Credit: Archant
Kind donors whose hearts have been touched by the plight of an abandoned baby horse have now raised three-quarters of the money needed to pay for his medical care.
Gizmo, a four-month-old piebald cob foal, was found on the side of Yeldham Road in Ridgewell, close to Ridgewell Caravan Park, on Tuesday.
He was severely emaciated, had lice, and was suffering from dehydration, hypothermia and pneumonia.
Despite a bleak outlook Gizmo is now showing signs of recovery at the Catley Cross Veterinary Centre where he is being treated.
Staff have reported Gizmo is now really trying to stand up, though concerns remain about protein levels resulting in him receiving a plasma transfusion.
The RSPCA launched a fundraising appeal for Gizmo on Thursday.
Now the total amount raised stands at £8,257, at 1.30pm on Sunday (February 22).
The current total is above the estimated cost of his emergency medical care of £6,000, meaning money is now being raised for the additional £5,000 needed for his ongoing rehabilitation.
More than 560 people have made donations.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
- 3 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 4 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 5 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 6 Keogh: Why I've joined Town and what I'm here to do
- 7 Man bitten by dog during fight in east Suffolk street
- 8 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 9 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 10 Investigation launched after two bodies found
Any money raised over the £11,000 target will be given to other horses in a similar situation, of which there are many.
• To report any information as to who may hve dumped Gizmo call the RSPCA on 0300 123 8018.
• To donate to Gizmo’s care call 0300 123 0346 or visit his JustGiving page.