Update: Arrest as police are called after man injured in suspected stabbing on Stoke Bridge
- Credit: Archant
A MAN was injured during a altercation on Stoke Bridge last night, police have said.
Suffolk police were called to an incident, reported as a stabbing, at around 7.30pm on Wednesday.
A man in his early 30s suffered a “laceration” to his eye, a police spokesman said.
He said officers and paramedics were called to the scene, close to the skate park, where a group of people were spotted at around 7.30pm.
A 36-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of ABH and taken into custody for questioning by officers.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said it is understood the man was attacked with a broken bottle.
The victim was taken to Ipswich Hospital but his injuries are not thought to be serious.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?