Update: Body discovered in River Orwell
THE body of a man has been found in the River Orwell.
Police officers and the fire service were called to the river, close to Stoke Bridge at about 11.30am.
A member of the public reported finding the body of a man in the water.
A Suffolk police spokesman said officers are currently at the scene working with firefighters to recover the body.
He said the man is believed to be in his late 20s.
You may also want to watch:
A water rescue unit is at the scene and expert officers are helping to remove the body using specialist equipment.
A small crowd of onlookers has gathered at Stoke Bridge around a dozen police and fire vehicles are at the scene.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
The death is currently being treated as unexplained as is standard procedure. The police spokesman said there are “not thought to be any suspicious circumstances”.
Check this website for updates.