Update: Burst water main in Needham Market will close busy road in both directions for days
- Credit: Archant
The main road between two towns is closed after a water main burst.
Engineers from Anglian Water have been called to the B1113, between Stowmarket and Needham Market.
A police spokesman said the road was shut in both directions. Diversions are in operation.
Antony Innes, from Anglian Water, said: “We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused to customers and road users after a burst water main damaged the road surface, meaning the Needham Road has been closed.
“Unfortunately, this road will remain closed for a few days while the large 15 inch diameter pipe is repaired and the damaged road surface is fixed. A diversion is in place.
You may also want to watch:
“We were alerted to the burst main shortly after 5am this morning and had engineers on site to stop the flow of water by 6:30 am. No customers should have lost water supply or have noticed a drop in pressure.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 6 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 7 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 8 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go