Update: Chantry man in hospital after fireplace collapses on his legs

A MAN is in hospital today after he became trapped underneath a fireplace.

The 53-year-old was trapped under the fireplace when two crews from Princes Street fire station arrived at the scene in Woodcock Road, Chantry, shortly after receiving an emergency call at 7.03pm.

The man is understood to have been pulling the fireplace out of the property when the accident happened and he became trapped.

A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said paramedics instructed the fire crews not to lift the fireplace off the man’s legs until they had assessed the extent of his injuries.

He said the man suffered leg injuries and has been taken to Ipswich Hospital for further treatment.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus