Update: Chantry Park to remain closed as murder investigation continues
CHANTRY Park will continue to be cordoned off this morning as investigations continue after the body of a man was found in the park this morning.
The body was found by a dog walker at 6.50am today and detectives have since arrested a 42-year-old man from Ipswich on suspicion of murder.
The suspect was arrested at about 8.20am in the park and was taken to the police investigation centre at Suffolk Constabulary’s Martlesham headquarters.
Police are currently in the process of informing the man’s family and will not release any details until this has been completed.
However, the man is believed to be in his 30s and from the Ipswich area.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination will take place soon to discover the cause of death.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Suffolk police on 101.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema