Update - Colchester: A12 reopened after crash between lorry and bus
- Credit: Archant
ALL lanes have now reopened after a collision between a bus and a lorry on the A12 today.
Fire crews and an ambulance were sent to the scene on the A12 at Colchester between the Avenue of Remembrance roundabout and the football stadium after being alerted at 1.55pm today.
Police said there were no passengers on the single-decker bus and that the driver of the lorry received only minor injuries.
The road was closed as emergency services worked to clear it.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said a person was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
All lanes have now reopened, but there are still long delays in the area.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 5 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 6 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 7 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 8 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure