Update: Congestion on Bixley Road, Nacton Road, A14 and A12 towards Suffolk Show in Trinity Park, Ipswich
There are travel delays on some of the main routes to the Suffolk Show at Trinity Park in Ipswich this morning.
Traffic is queued up in Felixstowe Road back to Bixley Road in Ipswich, with the A14 Copdock Interchange and Orwell Bridge also seeing heavy traffic.
Congestion is also affecting Nacton Road heading northbound between the A14 junction 57 and the Felixstowe Road junction.
Delays have been reported on the A12 southbound in Bucklesham between the Kennels Road junction and seven Hills, also because of Suffolk Show traffic.
As usual, drivers approaching along the A12 from Woodbridge will be directed along the Bucklesham village route, while those coming from the west along the A14 coming off at the Seven Hills roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
For those travelling by rail, delays of up to 10 minutes are currently affecting rail services running between Norwich and London Liverpool Street, including services running through Diss, Stowmarket, Ipswich, Manningtree and Colchester.
The fault has been caused by a signal failure at a level crossing between Diss and Stowmarket, with disruption expected until 10am.
- 1 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 2 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 Takeaway owner fined £3.5k after series of food hygiene breaches
- 9 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 10 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
The weather for the first day of the show looks set to be warm and sunny throughout the day, with temperatures set to reach 19C (66F), with the weather predicted to stay warm for tomorrow.