Update: Crews extinguish large house blaze in Onehouse
Six appliances were called to a fire at a remote house in the village of Onehouse near Stowmarket.
The fire broke out at around 4pm today in the top floor of a large detached house off Forest Road.
In total, 25 fire fighters were in attendance trying to extinguish the flames.
Appliances from Stowmarket, Elmswell, Needham Market and Bury St Edmunds and a Command Unit were called to the scene along with a support appliance from Ixworth.
Station Commander Dave Collins said: “On arrival we found a well established fire on the top floor of the property involving the roof.
You may also want to watch:
“A number of crews are currently engaged in fire fighting and removing roof tiles.
“We are using aerial ladders and breathing apparatus to tackle the flames and trying to salvage what we can, including some furniture.”
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
The occupants were at home at the time but managed to escape without injury.
The fire was extinguished by 8pm.