Update: Death of David Entwistle, father of missing boy Daniel Entwistle, not suspicious
- Credit: P/A
The father of Daniel Entwistle, who went missing nearly 12 years ago at the age of seven, has been found dead at his home in Suffolk.
Daniel went missing in Great Yarmouth, and was last seen on CCTV at a store in the town on May 3 2003.
His father, David, was found dead in Lowestoft on Wednesday, and police have said they were treating the death as “non-suspicious”.
He had led several campaigns to find Daniel and a fresh appeal for information was launched in 2013.
A post-mortem examination will be carried out.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk police spokeswoman said: “We can confirm that we have been informed of the death of Daniel Entwistle’s father. It is not a matter for Norfolk Constabulary and a file is with the coroner in Suffolk.”
Daniel Entwistle was seven when he went missing from his home in Copperfield Avenue, Great Yarmouth on May 3, 2003 - a May Bank Holiday weekend.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
His parents Paula and David became concerned when he failed to return for tea and started to look for him, enlisting the assistance of friends and neighbours. A major police investigation was soon underway.
Daniel was identified on the CCTV at Blencowes, a local convenience store near his home at around 5.05pm that day.
His little red BMX bike was found abandoned near to the river, close to Trinity Quay, in the early hours of next morning.
Despite the huge police search and appeals at the time, no trace of Daniel was ever found.
On the ten year anniversary of his disappearance police made a renewed appeal for information.
Detectives were keen to hear from anyone with new information to get in touch to help provide some closure for his family.